- Property type: Apartment
- Offer type: For Sale
- City: Phnom Penh
- Neighborhood: 7 Makara
- Original Property ID: MAK.A5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property size: 90 m²
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- City Centre
- City views
- Close to Central Market
- Close to French Embassy
- Contemporary architecture
- EDC and Water State rates
- Fully renovated
- High ceilings
- Natural light
- Parking nearby
- Roof terrace
Few properties in Phnom Penh come close to this stylish Art Deco styled apartment, now for sale in the city centre, 7 Makara.
With sweeping views of Orussey Market from above the thriving street below, it has city views from the front balcony, side windows and roof terrace.
The skill and design sense of the architect builder is experienced the moment you leave the street, climb the clean, well-lit and original staircase and enter the apartment itself.
With gentle reminders of its heritage in the signage, 3D floor tiles, central circular window and ingenious sculptural detailing, this will be a joy for any owner-occupier to live in.
Stylish city centre apartment features:
- 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms
- Remote controlled security lights
- Clean and safe street access
- Original wide terrazzo staircase
- Front balcony with sweeping views of Orussey Market
- Private, secure roof terrace
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans throughout
- Modern, well appointed kitchen and bathroom with high end fittings
- Western standard electrical and plumbing
- Imported quality windows
- LED, low energy feature lighting
- Quality wood and steelwork throughout
Original ID: MAK.A5
Does this location or property type interest you?
Send us a message by filling out the contact form below to schedule a FREE viewing. We have apartments, condos, office spaces in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kampot and Sihanoukville.
About Prampi Makara (7 Makara):
Prampi Makara (7th January) named after the day when Kampuchean Armed Forces and Vietnamese troops liberated the capital in 1979.
It is literally the centre of Phnom Penh. A web of narrow streets with every shop imaginable, all seemingly headed towards Orussey Market. The real Phnom Penh, the beating heart, the raw flesh where shop owners and stall holder ply their trades. A look up and you will see the pre-Pol Pot face of the city: the Khmer take on Modernism.
Prampi Makara is the smallest Khan in Phnom Penh. It is subdivided into 8 Sangkats and 33 Kroms (villages). It is only 2.2 km² but in 1998 had 96,192 inhabitants, making it one of the most densely populated areas in the city.
And yet, it is often overlooked.
Westerners tend to head towards Daun Penh or Chamkarmon as if nothing else matters. The Chinese appear only to want to be in BKK 1 close to Naga World. Both ends of the investor / renter spectrum look elsewhere.
Here you can buy or rent living spaces for half the price of other areas. They will have character and the moment you step into the street, the city presents itself in its fullness. Orussey Market watches over all – chaos by day, an eerie stillness by night. Barely 700m north are Vattanac and Canadia Towers, 400m south west is Molyvann’s Olympic Stadium and to the immediate south BKK 1 and east, Riverside. It is all there… waiting.
Best you use a checklist as it can be a daunting task. Not only is it an emotional journey, but you’ll have reams of admin. Here’s a checklist to help you tick off (and fill) your boxes!
Even before moving house, change your address.
- Start doing this 30 days before the move. Sometimes a phone call will do, but often you may have to provide proof of the new address to certain institutions or go into the bank, your doctor, kid’s school or Sangkat to fill in forms, so giving yourself a head start will help to shorten your to-do list.
- In some cases you may be able to receive statements and accounts by email. This cuts down on paper wastage and ensures an easier address change process.
Check us out on Google
- ID: 10935
- Published: July 23, 2022
- Last Update: August 13, 2022
- Views: 834