- Property type: Apartment
- Offer type: Rented!
- City: Phnom Penh
- Neighborhood: 7 Makara , Boeung Prolit
- Original Property ID: BPL.A7
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property size: 110 m²
- Air Conditioning
- City Centre
- Close to Independence Monument
- Close to Russian Market
- Close to schools
- Contemporary architecture
- Fully furnished
- High ceilings
- Moto parking
- Natural light
- pet friendly
- Separate street access
- TV Cable
- Washing machine
This trendy 2 bedroom second floor duplex apartment is now available for rent in Boeung Prolit, central Phnom Penh (Prampi Makara).
Located in the centre of the city, paradoxically it is quiet, peaceful AND walking distance to shops and BKK 2.
Duplex apartment features:
- 2 large bedrooms bathed in natural light
- 3 modern bathrooms / WC
- Terrace on second floor connecting with master bedroom
- Master bedroom with large en-suite and walk-in wardrobe
- Flat screen TV
- Air-conditioning / hot water
- Oven, refrigerator and washing machine
- All closets are built-in
- Mini playground area just outside the apartment
- Secure off-street parking for motos
- Located near Sihanouk Boulevard
Property ID: BPL.A7
Does this interest you?
Does this location or property type interest you?
Send us a message by filling out the contact form below to schedule a FREE viewing.
We also have apartments, condos, office spaces for rent or for sale in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kampot and Sihanoukville.
About 7 Makara
Prampi Makara (7th January) named after the day when the Kampuchean People’s Revolutionary Armed Forces and Vietnamese troops liberated the capital from the Khmer Rouge in 1979.
It is literally in the centre of Phnom Penh, a web of narrow streets with every shop imaginable, all seemingly headed towards Orussey Market.
It is the real Phnom Penh, the beating heart, the raw flesh where shop owners and stall holder ply their trades.
A look up and you will see the pre-Pol Pot face of the city: the Khmer take of Modernism.
Prampi Makara is also the smallest district in Phnom Penh.
It is subdivided into 8 Sangkats – Monorom, Mittapheap, Veal Vong, Orussey I, Orussey II, Orussey III, Orussey IV and Boeung Prolit – and 33 Kroms.
It has an area of 2.2 km² and in 1998 had 96,192 inhabitants, making it one of the most densely populated parts of the city.
And yet, it is often overlooked
Westerners tend to head towards Daun Penh or Chamkarmon as if nothing else matters.
The Chinese appear only to want to be in BKK 1, in close proximity to Naga World. Both ends of the investor/renter spectrum look elsewhere.
Here you can buy or rent living spaces for half the price of other areas.
They will have character and the moment you step into the street, the city presents itself in its fullness.
Orussey Market watches over all – chaos by day, an eerie stillness by night.
Barely 700m north are Vattanac and Canadia Towers, 400m south west is Molyvann’s Olympic Stadium and to the immediate south BKK 1 and east, Riverside.
It is all there… waiting.
Postcode 12000 Phnom Penh real estate made easy
Phnom Penh real estate, especially the rental market, is not easy to navigate around as there’s a lot on offer and prices vary depending on where, when and what you are looking for.
The city offers a range of properties, so it is important you know what is available.
Covid made things difficult for everyone and all over Phnom Penh, people started negotiating heavily.
Although there is some residual goodwill, much has gone and prices are now close to pre-pandemic levels.
Don’t expect real estate miracles any more!
Moving house – best you use a checklist as it can be a daunting task.
Not only is it an emotional journey, but you’ll have reams of admin.
Here’s a checklist to help you tick off (and fill) your boxes!
Even before moving house, change your address
- Start doing this 30 days before the move. Sometimes a phone call will do, but often you may have to provide proof of the new address to certain institutions or go into the bank, your doctor, kid’s school or Sangkat to fill in forms, so giving yourself a head start will help to shorten your to-do list.
- In some cases you may be able to receive statements and accounts by email. This cuts down on paper wastage and ensures an easier address change process.
Some institutions you should notify, plus a few extra things
- ID: 16880
- Published: September 10, 2022
- Last Update: February 2, 2023
- Views: 812