- Property type: Apartment
- Offer type: For Sale
- City: Phnom Penh
- Neighborhood: Daun Penh
- Original Property ID: DP9.O11
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Property size: 39 m²
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- City Centre
- Close to Aeon 1
- Close to CBD
- Close to Independence Monument
- Elevator access
- Fire alarms
- Fitness Centre
- Fully furnished
- Good ROI
- hard title
- In-house maintenance
- Off-street parking
- Reception services
- Riverside proximity
- Roof terrace
- southern orientation
- Swimming Pool
This smart studio apartment in central Phnom Penh with great facilities, interior and city outlook is now available for sale at a below market price.
At $2,200/sqm this won’t last long.
- Good Return on Investment (ROI)
- Sleeping area
- Modern bathroom
- Southern orientation
- Completion year 2017
- Located on the 18th floor with great city views
- Close to the Royal Palace and Independence Monument
- Fully furnished
- Management fees of $57/month (excludes parking, water, electricity and cleaning)
- Hard title
Original ID: DP9.O11
Does this central Phnom Penh apartment interest you?
Does this location or property type interest you? Send us a message by filling out the contact form below to schedule a FREE viewing. We also have apartments, condos, office spaces for rent or for sale in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kampot and Sihanoukville.
Innovative Cambodia my 2nd home program
Cambodia my 2nd home (CM2H) is an innovative initiative recently launched by KHCA (Khmer Home Charity Association) in association with the Ministry of Interior (MOI). Its aim is to help foreign nationals enjoy a series of measures to facilitate living and business in Cambodia.
Benefits for participants in the Cambodia my 2nd home program include – a 10 year unlimited entry / exit visa and, after 5 years, they are eligible to apply for a Cambodian passport and enjoy the advantages of the ASEAN network.
Cambodia my 2nd home program applicant requirements:
- Must be a citizen of a country or region recognized by the Cambodian government, regardless of race, religion, or gender;
- Applicants must obtain formal approval to apply from the Ministry of Interior (MOI);
- At the time of submitting an application, all applicants must be at least 18 years old;
- All applicants must have investment capital of >USD$100,000 in Cambodia;
- Applicants must own at least one real estate project that has been formally approved by the government in Cambodia;
- Applicants must be eligible to apply for a personal bank account and / or a trust account; and
- Applicants for Cambodia my 2nd home (CM2H) program are not required to prove written or spoken Khmer language competency or academic qualifications.
Riverside: the real downtown
Riverside, the real central Phnom Penh is the old city – Wat Phnom, Old Market, Kandal Market and Chaktomuk. Many generations’ footprints are here – Angkor kings, French colonists and UN troops. It is where the Mekong, Tonle Sap and Bassac rivers meet and where the Water Festival takes place each year.
Riverside is always stunning especially at sunrise and sunset. Day and night it is busy and a popular tourist spot.
Sisowath Quay (in honor of King Sisowath) is the riverfront road. It starts at the Buddhist Institute and continues north to Japanese Bridge. There it becomes Road 6 and out of the city.
The area has a wide choice of restaurants, wellbeing services, hotels, shops and bars. Among the restaurants, you will find Italian, French, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Malaysian.
A personal reflection on Riverside
Street 172 is punctuated with $3 massage joints and bars occupied by grey faces framed with light grey hair. Yet, just around the corner, Street 178 is now arguably the rising art gallery district of Phnom Penh with the University of Fine Arts and National Museum only a stone’s throw away.
Friends Café has made a bold statement and the Mansion House seems to be waiting for reincarnation. Now the Hyatt has opened its doors to the Jet set, it may well be a different designer-schmick precinct to what is currently now.
In fact, when you look up along 172, the standard of shophouses is somewhat ‘better’ than in other parts of the city: it could be the rising star of Daun Penh and Riverside.
In the surrounding streets in this part of Phnom Penh, there is a sense that there are too many hostess bars, each vying for a shifting slice of the tourist and expat pie.
Rents will rise with the inevitable escalation of land values and the ROI of each vendor’s patch will become more and more critical as the clock ticks.
Looking at Phsar Kandal and the open block where Prey Sar prison once sat. one can’t help but wonder what’s coming next.
Given its proximity to Riverside and the 172 and 178 ‘sweet spot’, maybe there is something special waiting in the sidelines, something for the inspired new generation of architects and artists.
As of last week, digging has started. My guess is a shopping centre, possibly with apartments too!
We’re on Google
- ID: 15110
- Published: August 19, 2022
- Last Update: August 19, 2022
- Views: 823